Thursday 31 March 2011

Before I Go to Sleep trailer, and the A-Z challenge

This is the last post before we kick off tomorrow with a month of A-Z madness! So since I have a theme in mind (more of that later) let me start by sharing something amazing I recently watched - the book trailer for SJ Watson’s forthcoming novel Before I Go to Sleep:



How spooky is that?! It gives me goose-bumps. I like its simplicity and the way it already feels like a film. It is also nicely succinct and perfectly teasing – just like good trailers should be. The book is released on April 28 2011 – can’t wait! Read more on his blog.

Now onto the month of madness! From tomorrow, there will be over 800 bloggers participating in Arlee Bird’s A-Z Challenge. Over eight hundred! Wow - kudos to the organisers behind this massive blogging get-together:

Arlee Bird's Tossing It Out
Jeffrey Beesler's World of the Scribe
Alex J. Cavanaugh
Jen Daiker at Unedited
Candace Ganger's The Misadventures in Candyland
Karen J Gowen at Coming Down the Mountain
Talli Roland
Stephen Tremp's Breakthrough Blogs


Each day throughout April (bar Sundays) people will be blogging with posts inspired by letters of the alphabet. It will be fun! It will be huge! It will be frankly terrifying to post every day! I’ve turned into such a sad slacker with blogging – my work is conspiring with my commute to turn me into an eventide zombie. I am hoping a month of disciplined blogging will make me realise I can find a balance again.

My theme will be my favourite children’s book characters. Each day I’ll introduce a character – be they from modern books or the classics – and we’ll have a bit of a giggle. I just know you’ll never guess who my ‘V’ is going to be. Wild horses couldn’t drag it out of me before the day! (I feel fairly safe considering it is unlikely any wild horses are going to charge down the north circular.)

I’m also going to hop around the other blogs doing the challenge and highlight a few others each day that catch my eye. If any writing news comes in throughout April I will pop it under the main post. But apart from that – good luck everyone! And new followers – you are most welcome! Leave me a comment to let me know you are out there, and I’ll pop back to say hello. :)

19 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

The book sound very fun to read. I like the childrens books theme, I enjoy reading them.Often if I am going to speak at a school I always offer an additional read aloud.The A's are hard to pick, but for B I would use Eve Bunting.

Old Kitty said...

Good luck with your A-Z challenge!!!! I'm not gonna be there but will be chering y'all on with my bestest pom-pom dance!!!

Will see the clip when I get back home!! Am sneaking this in at work!! LOL! Take care
x

Ellen Brickley said...

Ooh, great theme! Looking forward to it!

Unknown said...

What a great idea, might try this using the characters in my children's/grown-up books, published and eventually to see the light of day.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Oh boy!!! This sounds like soo much fun! I'll check in here every single morning! Can't wait.

And yes the book trailer looks great. Although I'm still getting used to book trailers. Who knew? I wonder Henry James would have said if they told him to do one?? :)

Talli Roland said...

Great theme - and yay for the A to Z Challenge! I can't wait.

Lana D said...

Hmmmmm....I hope V is for The Velveteen Rabbit. It is still one of my favorite books of all time!

Arlee Bird said...

Thanks for the plug. Sounds like you'll have a fun theme.

Lee
Tossing It Out
Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

Debbie Coope said...

The book sounds great and is already ordered. Good luck with April.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the trailer. Good luck with the challenge. I haven't even thought about my first post... oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Happy Frog and I said...

You are the second blogger I regularly read that is taking up the A-Z challenge. Best of luck to you as well, I look forward to reading the posts through April.

Eliza said...

Your theme sounds great, it'll be fun reading. I'm afraid I don't have one, so every day will be pot luck:-)
That trailer is very spooky, looks like a good read.

Plain Jane said...

Before I started blogging I never knew books had trailers....and that is one book I want to get. Creepy and cool.

Jeff Beesler said...

Excellent theme for the challenge! I'm sure a couple of my favorites might even be in the mix as well!

Noemi said...

I am looking forward to read your posts during this month. Specially as my first post for April is also going to be of one of my favourite characters.
This is going to be exciting! To combine my own blog with the event. Good luck to you and definitely I'll see you around.

Charmaine Clancy said...

That is an awesome book trailer. I wasn't sure until near the end when one review mentioned it was a thriller, but then I knew I wanted to read it.
Look forward to the A-Z challenge :)

Deniz Bevan said...

I love your theme idea. Good luck with the A to Z blogging - 800 participants, my goodness. I didn't realise there were that many of us linked to each other!

Eileen Bell said...

A theme! What a smart idea! I (sadly) didn't do that. (Signed up late, what can I say?) The idea of blogging every day is intimidating the heck out of me. However, it will teach me some discipline. I hope!
Have a great month, and it was nice to meet you.

KatheeJantzi said...

sweet trailer - thanks for that. Now it really makes me want to check out that book when it comes out. I'm visiting from the A to Z challenge -