Wednesday 14 November 2007

Get in!

I am happy to report chapter ten is in the bag! My eyes might fall out due to staring at the computer non-stop for what feels like forever, but it’s done and I can finally move on – yay!

This has been my biggest chapter so far – nearly 10,000 words so I might have to chop it down at a later date but it is a real pivotal scene – lots of things happen and, well, I think I like it, which is nice and somewhat encouraging! Also chapters 1 to 3 were really setting the scene, 4 – 10 were building up in one direction, and now I have one chapter (11) that is like the balance, and then it all soars off on a different tangent. I am looking forward to the different viewpoint I’ll be writing from, it will be another challenge for me.

And (whispers) overall I am very nearly at the 50,000 word mark – that’s novel length that is (big grin). If I had any alcohol left in this flat I would toast myself… not quite the same with lemon squash but oh well...

I shall leave you tonight with this offering from youtube - it has some meaning to chapter ten, so it is a nice note on which to finally down tools for this evening.

Perry Como and the Buffalo Bills
If You Were The Only Girl (In The World)

2 comments:

Ben said...

Congratulations my dear! I'm still only halfway through mine, and it's much shorter than yours.

Jayne said...

Ah cheers! It's nice to have it done, it was driving me mental. Keep pushing with yours, as I'll want to buy it someday you know :)