Wednesday 19 September 2007

Results…

1) I got my new mobile delivered, it looks confusing the way only new mobiles can, but hopefully it will stop accidentally managing to bump the number 9 three times in my handbag and connect me to the emergency services.

2) I have decided to ask a friend who is scarily good at writing and editing (although she doesn’t yet do either professionally) to look over the first three and a bit chapters for me. Even though she would do it for free, as that is the sort of nice person she is, I suspect it will be a day’s work, so I am going to pay her a little something, which feels only fair. Besides, I did budget for this, as I decided from the start that I am going to do everything as thoroughly as I can, and it is so easy to miss errors in your own wrok.

3) I decided against the life coaching (which saves me some quid), mainly because I never budgeted for it, and I have a dread of running out of money too soon. I still think it is a great idea though, but I do have my own kind of support group sorting out my timetable, reading my work and generally believing I can do it, which is nice. I think if you didn’t have that sort of support in place then a life coach can be invaluable.

4) I have finally worked out how to get the heating on in this flat, J will be thrilled, thrilled I tell you. I may not have to resort to wearing all of my clothes at once and constructing some sort of typing tent from under the duvet.

Apart from that, blogger has decided I am German for some reason – it tells me I can publish my entry or view blog in German, at least I presume that is what it is telling me. I only know how to say ‘Can I have a drink please?’ in German, so it could be telling me anything. It has done this for a few days so far with no signs of changing back anytime soon; I suspect someone in Blogger HQ has dropped some biscuit crumbs down somewhere important, and is hoping none of us notice...

2 comments:

music obsessive said...

Yes, I know what you mean about the German Blogger. Who is he and what does he want? I'd keep quiet about the heating if I were you, real men don't put the heating on before October, if ever. On the editing front, I tried to edit my stuff myself only to find that the finished chunks were longer than the originals - I just couldn't bear to cut any of it and just tended to add bits. Moral - get yourself an editor! Glad to hear that it's all going so well, I can't wait!

Jayne said...

I think my German blogger has moved in...

I used to edit other people's writing, so I do have a little headstart, but I still find I am blind with my own work. I am waiting with bated breath to hear what my friend thinks! Eeek, what if it's awful!

And thanks for your encouragement, it really is appreciated. :)